Sleep Loss Consequences
Sleep Apnea: The Silent Killer
Fact: Sleep loss shortens your life.
Will you be “checking out” sooner than you would like?
When Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) remains untreated not only are you disrupting a good night’s sleep, but you are also depriving your body of necessary oxygen. Both frequent awakenings and oxygen deprivation can trigger severe health problems and decrease your quality of life. Many scientific medical studies have linked Obstructive Sleep Apnea with the following health conditions, many of which are life-threatening.
If you are putting yourself at risk for these serious conditions, take action NOW! Get the great sleep you’ve dreamed of and the quality of life you’ve been missing.
Call for a sleep consult with Dr. Waite today.
OSA Health Risks
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Decreased Sex Drive
- Morning Headache
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- GERD and Acid Reflux
- Increase in Appetite and Weight Gain
- Nocturia (frequent nighttime urination)
- Chronic/Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS)
- Increased Motor Vehicle/Work-Related Accidents (OSA sufferers experience three times higher rate of auto or work-related accident than the general public.)
- Poor Job Performance
- Increased Family Relationship Conflicts and Incidents of Divorce
5410 Powers Center Point, Suite 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80920